Indian Podiatry Association is a non-Profit organization founded on 1st April, 2009 at New Delhi (INDIA). Its purpose & objective is to disseminate & impart knowledge and promote awareness of Diabetic & non-Diabetic Foot care, cure & prevention. It also aims to provide scientific information as regards podiatry research.
1. NAME OF THE SOCIETY: The name of the Society shall be “INDIAN PODIATRY ASSOCIATION”.
2. ORGANISATION & REGISTERED OFFICE OF THE SOCIETY:
• The Society shall be national in scope. The permanent and registered office of the society shall be in Delhi, however, its branches and chapters may be opened in different states of India.
The Registered office of society, at present is at following address
DIABETIC FOOTCARE CENTER,
G-191, GROUND FLOOR, NARAINA VIHAR,
3. AIMS AND OBJECTIVES :- The aims and objectives for which the Society is established are as under:-
• To encourage and advance the study and practice of the science and art of Podiatry (Foot Care) in India.
• To establish a society in India that will use a multi disciplinary approach and create a common platform for promoting interaction among doctors practicing Diabetic Foot Care medicine, Podiatric Surgeons and allied specialists in India and abroad.
• To encourage scientific research and experimental work on Foot and Ankle disease among diabetic and non-diabetic patients.
• To organize scientific programmes such as conferences and workshops on Foot Care.
• To spread awareness among general population as regards the precautions to be taken for preventing diabetic complications among diabetic & non -diabetic population by imparting education, interactive talks, holding seminars, Refresher courses, publishing articles in magazines, newspaper, and distribution of literature.
• To be a resource for continuing medical education programmes, audiovisual materials etc. related to Diabetic and Non-Diabetic Foot diseases.
• To establish and maintain reference libraries of books, magazines, newspapers audiovisual materials etc. related to Podiatry.
• To publish a journal devoted to Podiatry and Foot & Ankle surgery and allied subjects. The journal shall be the official organ of the Society.
• To make rules, when deemed necessary, relating to the discipline and professional conduct of Podiatric surgeons, Podiatrists (foot care Specialists) and allied specialists in India.
• To mobilize Government agencies and Government and semi government organizations, Corporate Sector, Medical Fraternity, and the society in general to explore facilities for any service, product for Diabetic Foot care, Podiatry, wound management and care to prevent occurrence of Diabetic foot ailments.
• To hold at least one annual conference of all members & doctors from allied field interested in Diabetic Foot Care to provide updates on the latest scientific advances in Diabetic Foot Care.
• Without prejudice to the generality of the above and for the effective and exclusively carrying out of the above objects, the society shall have the power to acquire, receive and hold property of any kind including securities and negotiable instruments, to construct and maintain buildings, including the right to alter or improve them and to equip them suitably for the benefit of the people to manage, sell, transfer or otherwise dispose of or deal with property of any kind belonging to the society, to enter into contracts for and in connection with any of the purposes of the Society to raise monies and funds including funds by borrowing as securities or otherwise in such manner as may be deemed fit for and on behalf of the Society and to accept the Management of any trust fund or endowment in which the Society may be interested.
• To do anything else that may be conducive to the attainment of any or all of the above objectives.
All the incomes, earnings, movable & immovable properties of the society shall be solely utilized and applied towards the promotion of its aims and objects only as set forth in the Memorandum of Association and no profit thereof shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly by way of dividends, bonus, profits or in any manner whatsoever to the present or past members of the Society or to any person claiming through any one or more of the present or the past members of the society. No member of the Society shall have any personal claims on any moveable or immovable properties of the Society or make any profit, whatsoever, by virtue of his membership.